Helena boot issues

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Aqulies

Helena boot issues

Post by Aqulies »

lol hi all i am having an issue with Helena i just installed it on my comp went through the install and did the reboot no it wont show up on the screen period. the mobo boots no prob goes through the self test fine then treys to boot the os no go i guess. the configuration i have is a AMD althon (old school single-core) running at 1050ghz and 80gb hdd and a 68mgb video card chould this be whats rong or???
have tried on two hard drives now and still the same issue
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MaddogF16

Re: Helena boot issues

Post by MaddogF16 »

Do you ever see the "grub loading" prompt? If so does it ever get to the "Mint" logo in the middle of the screen? Once the BIOS is done and the OS is supposed to start, what exactly do you see.
Commander Skippy

Post by Commander Skippy »

I may have the same problem, or, I also have a boot problem. I turn the computer on. The first slash comes up, blue screen ( of death color ) with the words "Power Spec" and the Intel logo. It will sit there for up to 5 minutes. Not all the time. Sometimes for a few seconds. Ubuntu 9.04 worked fine. 9.1 did the same thing that Mint 8 is doing now.
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

Commander Skippy wrote:I may have the same problem, or, I also have a boot problem. I turn the computer on. The first slash comes up, blue screen ( of death color ) with the words "Power Spec" and the Intel logo. It will sit there for up to 5 minutes. Not all the time. Sometimes for a few seconds. Ubuntu 9.04 worked fine. 9.1 did the same thing that Mint 8 is doing now.
This almost sounds like a BIOS setting that runs a test of the system every so often,on bootup go into your bios settings and scour for a possible setting relating to self testing.

Return to “Beginner Questions”