9400 nvidia 1680x1050 resolution problem

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
midnightgr

9400 nvidia 1680x1050 resolution problem

Post by midnightgr »

I installed mint in my netbook.Everything works smoothly.But in my desktop pc i have the same problem as with every mint i tried to install in the past.I have lg222w monitor and 9400 geforce nvidia graphic card.My monitor works good at 1680x1050 but the higher resolution that i get via nvidia x server settings is 1360x768.This is after i installed 183 driver from system management.I really want to stick with mint and learn as much as i can, but i dont know how to fix this.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MaddogF16

Re: 9400 nvidia 1680x1050 resolution problem

Post by MaddogF16 »

What are available under Control Center-->Hardware-->Display ?
midnightgr

Post by midnightgr »

It says that my graphics driver does not support the necessary extensions to use this tool.And if i want to use the graphics driver vendor's tool instead.If i press no its gives me the stantard screen options window and the screen comes up as unknown.If i press yes the nvidia x server settings starts.
Husse

Post by Husse »

We need to know a bit more - please read these simple rules
Husse

Post by Husse »

Try the latest nvidia drivers, there seems to be a change in nvidia-settings in them - not sure about the version - there is a post about it somewhere no older than, say, two days

Return to “Beginner Questions”