Urgent! My site hacked with the data from my computer

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Milutin

Urgent! My site hacked with the data from my computer

Post by Milutin »

I have the site www.gradbijeljina.com

I am using latest edition of linux mint and filezila as ftp-program it seam that the hacker broke into my computer and took the data strat from my HDD?

You can see the message:
Black-Knight Pwns! I notice you have linux, Good choice, I also see you saved your ftp host,Username and password in plaintext, Well actully filezilla did that. Never the less I PWN!!!!!!
Does linux mint has some firewall protection?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Urgent! My site hacked with the data from my computer

Post by richyrich »

It's not your computer that was hacked, it was your Website's server. Sounds like you used filezilla to upload your website files, and the username, password was sent/uploaded as plain text . . . I don't use filezilla, but I would check in the settings to see if you can encrypt your username/password.

I suggest you call your website hosting provider, and get them to change your passwords. Also ask them about encrypting your username/passwords in the future.
gn2

Re: Urgent! My site hacked with the data from my computer

Post by gn2 »

Not a good idea to use your real name as a forum username or to have your name, address, e-mail and phone number available to all and sundry who know how to do a whois domain lookup.

You really need to have a chat with your hosting provider and get things fixed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”