change default image during boot

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rummelx2

change default image during boot

Post by rummelx2 »

i don't want to change the linux mint emblem, just the default background image that has the spinning dots. i figured out how to change the background image for login, but during the boot process, the first image is the default "fresh" image with spinning dots then the image to which i changed the login background and then "fresh" with spinning dots again. i would like to change the "fresh" with spinning dots to a custom image so that there is a continuity to the boot visuals.

thank you for your time.

ande
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
whitepine

Re: change default image during boot

Post by whitepine »

The images for the background are found in /usr/share/images/xsplash
I just changed mine using the Gimp to resize them. If xsplash is updated you may lose your images, so you might want to back them up.
rummelx2

Re: change default image during boot

Post by rummelx2 »

thank you very much!

Return to “Beginner Questions”