Windows Partition Admin Rights

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

No you are not clear - I don't understand a thing you are saying. Why would you be root to gain access to a Windows partition - and would that make it possible?
From Bianca Mint comes with mintDisk that automounts FAT and NTFS.
In case that does not happen you have to edit your /etc/fstab file. To do that you need to be root - make a copy first and then remove every instance of windows partitions - be it as a comment or not.
After that they are mounted
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Please read the answer I gave you!
mintDisk mounts r/w I should add
T J Tulley
Level 5
Level 5

Post by T J Tulley »

Perhaps this may help - I installed Bianca Light from a Live CD very recently. First time I opened one of my files in my Windows My Docs folder, it was read-only, but since then I have had no difficulty in editing them.
With best wishes,

Yours sincerely, -

T J Tulley.

tj.tulley@physics.org

Return to “Beginner Questions”