assistive technologies keeps popping up SOLVED

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mdquince

assistive technologies keeps popping up SOLVED

Post by mdquince »

I had a problem with someone hacking into my computer when i was using windows xp so i switched to linux mint 8 and 2 days in a row now when i delete assistive technologies from the start up menu when i check again it's back on there. so i uninstalled it all together and guess what? it's in my start up menu again this morning. anyone know whats going on? and please please do not say you do not think my computer has been hacked or have that mind set when answering this question. I'm not trying to be mean but i hear it 90% of the time and when i tell the person what was going on with my computer then they can't come up with any reason why things were happening.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: assistive technologies keeps popping up

Post by Husse »

No you have not been hacked because of this :)
You uninstalled assistive technologies you say but it pops up in the menu - can you start it?
Or does it open without you doing anything
There are a few things that are automatically restored at boot and that may drag in assistive technologies as a dependency
I have to look through the list for this and I don't find it right now so I can't really tell - I must save it in a safe place :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”