[Done] Default hotkeys...

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[Done] Default hotkeys...

Postby alfonsosebaq on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:06 am

Hi! I use linux mint 8, I like it a lot :)

First hotkeys, I created my own and they work OK but there are "hidden" hotkeys that I don't know where they come from, i.e. SuperL+M.. this combination in winXP minimizes all windows.. similar to SuperL+D
If you press SuperL+M in mint8, it changes the screen colors, I think it "inverses" colors, white->black,etc...
Where is that hidden hotkey defined? My problem is , .. I want to use that combination for minimizing all windows like SuperL+D

Thanks and sorry for my english :D
Last edited by alfonsosebaq on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alfonsosebaq
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Default hotkeys...

Postby richyrich on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:17 am

Menu -> Control Center -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Window Management -> "Hide all normal windows and set focus to the desktop" . . it is currently set to Ctrl-Alt + D, you just have to click it, and enter your new key combo . . :)

richy
richyrich
Level 13
Level 13

Postby alfonsosebaq on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:31 am

Richy, I did that, but it it NOT possible to override SuperL+M, because it's a "hidden" hotkey..
My question, again, is where are that hidden hotkeys defined and how to delete them. Thanks!
alfonsosebaq
Level 1
Level 1

Postby richyrich on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:01 am

Sorry, can't help you,
as it works just fine for me, I clicked as above, typed the SuperL+M, and it worked right away.
Mint 8 Helena (Gnome)
richyrich
Level 13
Level 13

Re: [Done] Default hotkeys...

Postby alfonsosebaq on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Found solution!

The hidden hotkeys were mapped by COMPIZ, you have to check CompizConfig, there are a lot of settings there, including hotkeys... I had activated the "inverse" function, which is mapped to SuperL+M

Hopes it's useful for someone else :)
alfonsosebaq
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions