What are daemons and can i turn some off?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SmilerBoy

What are daemons and can i turn some off?

Post by SmilerBoy »

Hi There,

I'm running Gloria on an Acer Aspire One Netbook (1gb ram 3 cell battery)
and I read somewhere that Gnome Daemons can affect battery Life, which is a hot topic for me as the battery life i have is poor at best.

So What are Daemons? what's running LM 7? (Gloria main Ed) and Are there any I can shut off in a netbook which is mainly used for surfing the web and reading emails

I've tried to find a guide but most were written for various Distros that are not Mint or Ubuntu also they were written for people who feel comfortable in terminal. A GUI daemon removal addition tool would be perfect if there is one? so if you can help point me in the right direction that would be great
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”