how to thumbnail and is there any cleaner programs? SOLVED

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mdquince

how to thumbnail and is there any cleaner programs? SOLVED

Post by mdquince »

ok sorry about asking 2 questions in 1 but I can not see the files I have downloaded as a thumbnail. can anyone help. I'm using vlc media player. should I switch? and is there any programs that will clean you temp folder, and cache and all that stuff other then sweeper. sweeper says everything is clean is like 0.2 seconds. it can not clean my whole computer that fast.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gn2

Re: how to thumbnail and is there any cleaner programs?

Post by gn2 »

There's nothing to clean, it's not Windows.
mdquince

Post by mdquince »

if there is nothing to clean then why does linux offer sweeper that says it cleans 11 different things on linux??
gn2

Post by gn2 »

And those 11 things are?
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

What kind of files are you expecting thumbnails for? And as for the cleaner app, run as user it can only "clean" folders that th user can access. Root access would be required to run it over the whole PC.

Return to “Beginner Questions”