Remote desktop

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rhammer01

Remote desktop

Post by rhammer01 »

I have Remote Desktop running but I can't figure out how to connect through it to my other computers. I have Mint 8 running on all 3. I am sure it is something simple but I can't figure it out. I tried to find something on the forum but there were so many hits when I searched it was impossible. Thanks for your help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Remote desktop

Post by remoulder »

Are you running remote desktop on the other computers also? You need to enabled others to see your desktop on each machine before you can connect from another one.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
rhammer01

Post by rhammer01 »

Yes, I am running remote desktop on all the computers.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Are you leaving the other machines logged in? Have a look here for more details http://www.ubuntugeek.com/share-your-ub ... sktop.html
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Beginner Questions”