question about sleep

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ancientscribble

question about sleep

Post by ancientscribble »

Just a small question.

When I wake my ThinkPad up the brightness of my laptop drops to it's lowest setting and is barely readable.
The problem fixes itself if I log out then back in again.

Is there any way I can make it so I don't have to log out every time it wakes up to be able to read my screen?
I'm not really sure how to control the sleep settings.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gn2

Re: question about sleep

Post by gn2 »

Do you have a screen brightness Fn shortcut?
My Asus F9E used to do similar in Ubuntu 8.04 but I just used Fn + F6 to increase the brightness when it happened.
ancientscribble

Re: question about sleep

Post by ancientscribble »

Thanks!

I just now after a years use noticed that Fn + PgUp or Pg Dn adjusts brightness. ><

Return to “Beginner Questions”