fluxbox 8 and wbar

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

fluxbox 8 and wbar

Postby deeinmetrodc on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:43 pm

I'm confused as to why wbar and wbarconf weren't offered with linuxmint fluxbox or that and moreso that i had to hunt down wbarconf. these seem like 'nobrainers' for a flubox distro...

anyway... i'm wanting to configure wbar to start up automaticly when fluxbox does.. i'm not finding a utility to add it.. can someone help please?
deeinmetrodc
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: fluxbox 8 and wbar

Postby Kendall on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:50 pm

Open your ~/.fluxbox/startup script and add the line "wbar &" to the section that lists the startup applications.

EDIT: I didn't put wbar in because a lot of people don't use application launchers and because running something like that by default adds to the system resource usage. I tried to keep it as light as possible, and if someone wants to add in additional applications, then they're more than welcome to do so.
Kendall
Level 7
Level 7

Postby deeinmetrodc on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:43 pm

thanks!
deeinmetrodc
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Kendall on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:48 am

I looked around, and though getting ahold of wbarconf isn't terribly difficult, it could still pose some difficulties to people not knowing exactly what to search for. That being said, I repackaged wbarconf for the Mint Fluxbox CE and it's now in the import repository.
Kendall
Level 7
Level 7

Return to Newbie Questions