fluxbox 8 and wbar

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

fluxbox 8 and wbar

Postby deeinmetrodc on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:43 pm

I'm confused as to why wbar and wbarconf weren't offered with linuxmint fluxbox or that and moreso that i had to hunt down wbarconf. these seem like 'nobrainers' for a flubox distro...

anyway... i'm wanting to configure wbar to start up automaticly when fluxbox does.. i'm not finding a utility to add it.. can someone help please?
deeinmetrodc
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: fluxbox 8 and wbar

Postby Kendall on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:50 pm

Open your ~/.fluxbox/startup script and add the line "wbar &" to the section that lists the startup applications.

EDIT: I didn't put wbar in because a lot of people don't use application launchers and because running something like that by default adds to the system resource usage. I tried to keep it as light as possible, and if someone wants to add in additional applications, then they're more than welcome to do so.
Kendall
Level 7
Level 7

Postby deeinmetrodc on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:43 pm

thanks!
deeinmetrodc
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Kendall on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:48 am

I looked around, and though getting ahold of wbarconf isn't terribly difficult, it could still pose some difficulties to people not knowing exactly what to search for. That being said, I repackaged wbarconf for the Mint Fluxbox CE and it's now in the import repository.
Kendall
Level 7
Level 7

Return to Newbie Questions