Hidden directories in Home after uninstalling applications

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Iunthanaka

Hidden directories in Home after uninstalling applications

Post by Iunthanaka »

Hi,
I have noticed that even uninstalling applications cleanly by adding the flag --purge (i.e. sudo apt-get --purge remove packagename), the relevant hidden directories in my Home are still there.

I assume it is normal?
But just in case, how can I get rid of them? May I simply delete them?

Thank you very much in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gn2

Re: Hidden directories in Home after uninstalling applications

Post by gn2 »

Iunthanaka wrote:May I simply delete them?
Yes.
Be very careful deleting a .mozilla-thunderbird folder, if you use Thunderbird, by default that's where all your e-mail is stored.
Iunthanaka

Re: Hidden directories in Home after uninstalling applications

Post by Iunthanaka »

gn2 wrote:
Iunthanaka wrote:May I simply delete them?
Yes.
Be very careful deleting a .mozilla-thunderbird folder, if you use Thunderbird, by default that's where all your e-mail is stored.
Thank you very much. I always make a backup of that Mail folder just before performing a fresh install of the new Mint release (I'm not an absolute GNU/Linux newbie, as I've been using *buntu or Mint as my main OS since late 2007).

Return to “Beginner Questions”