WEP to WPA [SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

WEP to WPA [SOLVED]

Postby demoka on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:33 pm

I have changed the my WEP key to WPA and now Mint does not recognize the netowrk, should I create a new network or rename it and how can I change the settings from
WEP to WPA :arrow:
Last edited by demoka on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
demoka
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: WEP to WPA

Postby remoulder on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:21 am

demoka wrote:I have changed the my WEP key to WPA

Changed it where?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: WEP to WPA

Postby Lits on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:52 pm

I am thinking you have or the computer has automatically save the information from your previous wireless settings. You want to go into network connections by right clicking on the internet connection icon on the bottom right. Then select edit connections. Under the wireless tab, do you see the name of your connection? You want to select that and delete it.

Now go back on to the desktop and left click on the connection icon and click on your network. And try to connect now. See if that works.
Linked IT Solutions is an IT firm based in Center City Philadelphia. Visit our website at http://www.linkeditsolutions.com or our blog at http://blog.linkeditsolutions.com.
Lits
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions