Mint+wine+EVE Online

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Mint+wine+EVE Online

Postby Mozza on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Can someone tell me how or which version of wine i can use with mint, also if any of you are using mint and play eve online a lttle help installing it would be great
Asus P7H55-M pro mobo, intel i3 cpu, inno 3D 9600-gt 1gig, 500gb HDD and a wireless card, :)
Mozza
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint+wine+EVE Online

Postby Mozza on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 am

Can any one please advise me on at least what versoin of Wine to install, I would emagine you would want to use The Ubuntu Download but just dont Know
Asus P7H55-M pro mobo, intel i3 cpu, inno 3D 9600-gt 1gig, 500gb HDD and a wireless card, :)
Mozza
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Landmouse on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:40 pm

You might try searching on the Eve-Online forums. I found the following info there:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/wiki/Install_EVE_on_linux_with_wine
Landmouse
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Midnighter on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Wine is in the mint repos. A simple
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install wine
will download and install it for you. As for your game, never played it, no idea, but the user above posted a link you could follow. Cheers. :)
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions