Mint+wine+EVE Online

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Mint+wine+EVE Online

Postby Mozza on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Can someone tell me how or which version of wine i can use with mint, also if any of you are using mint and play eve online a lttle help installing it would be great
Asus P7H55-M pro mobo, intel i3 cpu, inno 3D 9600-gt 1gig, 500gb HDD and a wireless card, :)
Mozza
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint+wine+EVE Online

Postby Mozza on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 am

Can any one please advise me on at least what versoin of Wine to install, I would emagine you would want to use The Ubuntu Download but just dont Know
Asus P7H55-M pro mobo, intel i3 cpu, inno 3D 9600-gt 1gig, 500gb HDD and a wireless card, :)
Mozza
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Landmouse on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:40 pm

You might try searching on the Eve-Online forums. I found the following info there:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/wiki/Install_EVE_on_linux_with_wine
Landmouse
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Midnighter on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Wine is in the mint repos. A simple
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install wine
will download and install it for you. As for your game, never played it, no idea, but the user above posted a link you could follow. Cheers. :)
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions