[will be solved in Isadora] mintInstall 6.5.1: search box

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
proxima_centauri

[will be solved in Isadora] mintInstall 6.5.1: search box

Post by proxima_centauri »

It was pointed out to me on the Linux Mint IRC help channel that the Search function is not working properly in Software Manager. I, and others from IRC have reproduced this bug.

I have tested a fresh install in Virtualbox. Linux Mint 8 Main Edition, Up-to-date by default mintUpdate levels.

Using the "Search" button in Software Manager, you are presented with a "Find Software" search box. You can select to search Linux Mint, removed.net, or APT.

Under the "Linux Mint" tab neither the "Search for a .mint application" or "Go to the Linux Mint Software Portal" produce any effect when clicked. In the "removed.net" tab, neither the "Search for a .deb package" or "Go to the removed portal" produce any effect. Under the "APT tab, neither "Go to the Linux Mint repository" or "Go to the Ubuntu repository" produce any effect.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ArcherSeven

Re: mintInstall 6.5.1: search box

Post by ArcherSeven »

Proxima asked me to confirm this and it failed for me too.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: mintInstall 6.5.1: search box

Post by exploder »

This is a known bug and there is a bug report on this. I have not seen any action on this but I did read that Clem was working on a completely new version of mintInstall.

Return to “Beginner Questions”