Where and how do i get wine into Mint

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Where and how do i get wine into Mint

Postby Mozza on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:46 pm

As the title states realy. I have gone on the the WineHQ website but there are no instructions for mint, Can someone help me get it on here please, I really need wine and am willing to learn, and Not Afraid of the command line just not verry proficient at it,

Please Help

Mozza
Asus P7H55-M pro mobo, intel i3 cpu, inno 3D 9600-gt 1gig, 500gb HDD and a wireless card, :)
Mozza
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Where and how do i get wine into Mint

Postby hemimaniac on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:54 pm

Mozza wrote:As the title states realy. I have gone on the the WineHQ website but there are no instructions for mint, Can someone help me get it on here please, I really need wine and am willing to learn, and Not Afraid of the command line just not verry proficient at it,

Please Help

Mozza

Look in synaptic package manager or mint install they are there just mark for instillation and hit apply
"Linux allows for one thing above all else - 'A user can truly be themselves!'"
hemimaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Mozza on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Went to the synaptic manager found wine 1.3.31, I believe this is the right thing, Cheers

Oh whilst im here how do i get the mint chat back up, the one that you can get to from the inital startup screen i must have sad to not show any more but would like it back up as it is very useful
Asus P7H55-M pro mobo, intel i3 cpu, inno 3D 9600-gt 1gig, 500gb HDD and a wireless card, :)
Mozza
Level 1
Level 1

Postby hemimaniac on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Mozza wrote:Went to the synaptic manager found wine 1.3.31, I believe this is the right thing, Cheers

Oh whilst im here how do i get the mint chat back up, the one that you can get to from the inital startup screen i must have sad to not show any more but would like it back up as it is very useful

Pop open a terminal and do

$ mintwelcome

then when the window opens just put the checkmark back in it to show at start up
"Linux allows for one thing above all else - 'A user can truly be themselves!'"
hemimaniac
Level 5
Level 5

Postby emoric on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:05 pm

sudo apt-get install wine

cheers!
emoric
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Kendall on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:23 pm

emoric wrote:sudo apt-get install wine

This will install the "stable" release of wine, which doesn't have the same degree of software support that you'll find in the newer releases. If you need maximum available software support try:

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install wine1.2
Kendall
Level 7
Level 7

Return to Newbie Questions