xorg.conf doesnt look normal

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NikoPico

xorg.conf doesnt look normal

Post by NikoPico »

Hello!

I am trying linux again and so far so good, except for one little (though annoying) problem.
I want my mouse side buttons to work correctly but I can't do it by editing xorg.conf

This is my xorg.conf file:

Code: Select all

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	DefaultDepth	24
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load	"glx"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Default Device"
	Driver	"nvidia"
	Option	"NoLogo"	"True"
EndSection
That's really short I think.
So I am wondering where the rest is.

I have tried adding the InputDevice section myself but it doesn't help.

What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rich_roast

Re: xorg.conf doesnt look normal

Post by rich_roast »

AFAIK X no longer needs xorg.conf to start properly since it uses HAL etc. to automatically determine device and screen settings; any entries in an existing xorg.conf merely override defaults, e.g. suppressing nVidia's logo from appearing when X starts.

For the mouse side buttons I managed to get mine working by installing mdetect from the repos using Synaptic.

Return to “Beginner Questions”