mounting a SAN disk in Mint

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

mounting a SAN disk in Mint

Postby GUNGADIN on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:54 pm

Hello,

I have a openfiler SAN drive on another machine. I am learning about SANs as well. I got the SAN to mount in Windows no problem using ISCSI as a test. But what I really want to do is allow my Mint computer to access the files on that SAN via ISCSI. Is there a manual on line that can walk me through the steps? I tried to do it in Ubantu but wasn't getting very far.
GUNGADIN
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mounting a SAN disk in Mint

Postby Fred on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:59 pm

GUNGADIN,

See if the link below gets you started down the right path.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/howto-set ... h-tgt.html

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Return to Newbie Questions