screen brightness and touch pad jitter

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
soryuu

screen brightness and touch pad jitter

Post by soryuu »

Right a few noob questions for my ASUS 1001-p netbook:

I'm looking to have a gradation on my brightness buttons built into the computer. When I try to brighten the screen, it gets a little brighter, way dark, a little brighter, really bright etc. It jumps all over the place, any suggestions?

When I put two fingers on my touch pad, it jumps all over the place. I'd like it to not do that- if possible.

The last thing is I'd like a pointer which is less responsive to my touch, its way sensitive right now.

I'm going to go rooting around in the system files, but if you have any suggestions in resolving these issues, I'd be very appreciative.
Thanks for your time!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bobcollard

Re: screen brightness and touch pad jitter

Post by bobcollard »

soryuu wrote:
The last thing is I'd like a pointer which is less responsive to my touch, its way sensitive right now.

Thanks for your time!
For pointer control download a program called "gsynaptics" or a newer one that will soon replace it called "gpointing-device-settings" You can get either one from Synaptics Package Manager. Or with a command line in Terminal Like: "sudo apt-get install gsynaptics" (without quotes) I use it for fine control. You can put it in the startup as a program and have the option to even quite touchpad if you use a mouse. It is not a permanent solution though, you have to set it after every reboot or startup.

Return to “Beginner Questions”