Mint 8 LiveCD: Lost TaskBar Menu Popup somehow [RESOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Webtest
Level 4
Level 4

Mint 8 LiveCD: Lost TaskBar Menu Popup somehow [RESOLVED]

Post by Webtest »

Esteemed Forum Participants and Lurkers:
Mint 8 LiveCD system:
I have an erratic optical mouse, and somehow I drug the TaskBar Menu Popup off the left edge of the screen. Only a thin gray strip with a few icons was visible. I tried everything I could think of a (windows) power user could do to get it back. but I finally ended up rebooting the LiveCD. If this happens again, how can I get the Menu popup back visible on the desktop?
The icons on the thin gray strip are the sections of the menu that got collapsed into an icon. Just click on the icons to restore the collapsed sections of the menu! However, there is some case where if you click the gray box (what is it?) at the top of the icon strip, the strip turns into an extremely thin gray sliver, and I haven't found a way to recover from that yet.

Thank you for your gracious assistance with this inquiry.
Blessings in abundance, all the best, and ENJOY!
Art in Carlisle PA USA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Webtest
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint 8 LiveCD: Lost TaskBar Menu Popup somehow [RESOLVED]

Post by Webtest »

I just started clicking things, and when I right clicked on "Menu" and then clicked "Reload Plugins" the menu was partially restored. Clicking on the left icons then brought back the entire Menu Popup. I guess I'll have to find the 'manual' so I can read it.

Blessings in abundance, all the best, and ENJOY!
Art in Carlisle PA USA
BOAT - a hole in the water that you pour money into
LINUX - a hole in your life that you pour TIME into

HP dx2400 Core 2 Duo 8 GB. Mint 13/15/17.x/18.x Mate <on LOCKED SD cards, and Kanguru USB drives> No Hard Drive / No SSD

Return to “Beginner Questions”