Low-end hardware Configuration

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Timbot2000

Low-end hardware Configuration

Post by Timbot2000 »

The Blog entry for the Fluxbox edition says the following
"Linux Mint Fluxbox CE is easily configurable to run on lower-spec hardware with the tools needed for doing so readily available."
Which tools are these? I'd really love to know as I am going to be installing this on a PIII 512MB ancient unit.
Thanks in Advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Low-end hardware Configuration

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Mint 8 Fluxbox should install on your system without problems. If you read the release notes and the page on "What's new on Mint 8 Fluxbox" you will see that a PIII with 512 MB 0f ram is more than adequate for Fluxbox.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Low-end hardware Configuration

Post by Midnighter »

hell, i've run the Main vesion of Mint (?) on a 550mhz with 384MB of ram. It wasn't a speed demon, but it worked fine. :)

Yours should do it no probs, even with the full version, let alone Fluxbox.

Return to “Beginner Questions”