Cant execute files from CD

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
seth5124

Cant execute files from CD

Post by seth5124 »

im trying to install WoW from the CD, i put the cd in, it mounts and displays the installer.exe and the directX folder. however when i try to execute the installer, it attempts to open it with the archive manager, even though it displays it as a WINE file. when i try to open the direct X folder it tells me i dont have the right permissions to do so. please tell me if i need to do something to take ownership of the cd, or something to access those files
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Cant execute files from CD

Post by Midnighter »

Right-click on the .exe, and see what is srty to open it by default. I have that issue after installing wine also, it's still set to use the Archive manager by default, and you need to right-click, go properties, Open With, and select Wine. Then double click and try again.Wine should now be associated with .exe's.

As for the rest, i don't play wow, or really many games at all (too busy these days), and am unsure of what to tell you. But at least this will ensure wine is associated with your executable win files. I'm assuming you looked up a tutorial for installing and running WOW, I know there are some, but as i said, i don't play it. Trying to just blindly install it without checking if there is anything you need to be aware of first would not be advisabel Good luck. Cheers. :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”