Launcher problem [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Launcher problem [SOLVED]

Post by gibbs1984 »

Hi,

I created a launcher on my desktop to a WINE game and the launcher works perfectly from the desktop and the panel but putting the exact same criteria into the mintMenu via the Edit menu option the launcher doesn't work.

The command I put in my launcher is:

Code: Select all

wine "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -fullscreen
Adding a new item to the Edit menu and putting this command in doesn't work when using the mintMenu.

Any help appreciated,

Steve
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
Leppie

Re: Launcher problem

Post by Leppie »

try using wine's full path, you can find it like this:

which wine
so the new command would be something like this:

/usr/bin/wine "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -fullscreen
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

Thanks for the reply Leppie,

I tried that but it didn't even launch a process in the System Monitor and nothing happened :(
Leppie

Post by Leppie »

i completely overlooked this the first time, but what location is "fm.exe" in?
you will have to use the linux path, not the windows path...
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

Hi Leppie,

It seems to be in:

/home/steve/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/fm.exe
Not sure why it's in dosdevices rather than drive_c?

Anyway, would I use the command:

/usr/bin/wine "/home/steve/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/fm.exe" -fullscreen
EDIT: Just tried it and now that works, thanks very much for your help Leppie, much appreciated :)

Steve

Return to “Beginner Questions”