Setting up display environment

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Punt3R

Setting up display environment

Post by Punt3R »

hello,

im new to using linux completely..
i need some help with respect to setting up a display environment.

what i need to do is to connect to a remote server. (which i am able to)
then i need to load a module on that server (again which im able to do)
then i want to display the graphic user interface of the module on my screen. (which im unable to do..)...??

when i used to do this using ssh client on windows .. i needed to type setenv DISPLAY ipaddress:0.0
i tried doin that .. its sets the environ
but when i try to open a module it shows me this warning...
Warning: Unable to open display '152.78.171.106:0.0'. You will not be able to display graphics on the screen.

i am not used to using terminal before... so could do with some help...

thanks.!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Setting up display environment

Post by remoulder »

Old post but may have the answer to your problem. http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-173026.html
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Punt3R

Post by Punt3R »

Thank you... that was really helpful....

got it finally working ... Yippee...!!!
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

You're welcome :D
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Beginner Questions”