Could do with a few desktops.......SOLVED

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
the lemming
Level 1
Level 1

Could do with a few desktops.......SOLVED

Post by the lemming »

Hello

I've got Mint 8 running like a dream on my laptop and I'm having a little play to see what this baby can do.

However I do have one question, how do I get an icon that allows me to switch desktops?
Most other distros that I have played with has a feature that allows me to switch desktop areas but the only way that I can do this at the moment is to use the Compiz feature and physically (Virtually) spin the 3D cube to the surface that I needed.

Cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Could do with a few desktops

Post by Midnighter »

Right-click on panel, choose Add to Panel, and scroll to bottom and choose Workplaces Switcher. Cheers. :)
BrianD

Re: Could do with a few desktops

Post by BrianD »

...and, with or without the Workplace Switcher applet installed on your panel, you can switch workplaces via Ctrl-Alt-RightArrow / Ctrl-Alt-LeftArrow, or by dialing the mouse wheel with the pointer on the desktop.
the lemming
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Could do with a few desktops SOLVED

Post by the lemming »

Thanks for the top tips.

Much appreciated.

Return to “Beginner Questions”