what to use? Beryl or Compiz Fusion???

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

what to use? Beryl or Compiz Fusion???

Postby maduranga on Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:13 am

Hello.. I have found that the Beryl is installed on Cassandra by default. But before i have used Compiz Fusion with Ubuntu. When I ran the Beryl in Mint I didn't able to find any difference of features between Beryl and the Compiz Fusion. In Ubuntu forums, it seems like that the Compiz Fusion is the most popular one among linux users.

Can someone tell me the difference of above mentioned two programs? what is the best to use with my newly installed Linux OS and my GeForce 5200? what are the advantages of using one of them over the other?

Maduranga. :)
maduranga
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby nelamvr6 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:58 am

My take:

Compiz Fusion has more eye candy, more tricks, but it isn't quite as stable or as quick.

But, as I understand it (and please correct me if I'm wrong), Beryl is not being developed anymore, all development efforts are going into Compiz Fuzion.
nelamvr6
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions