Programs (Software Manager)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MuzikJay

Programs (Software Manager)

Post by MuzikJay »

I tried to download some programs with the software manager on the livecd and each one kept showin error signs towards the end of the download. Then, none of them worked. Is this just because of the CD or are the issues with linux mint 8? Thank You.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
markcynt

Re: Programs (Software Manager)

Post by markcynt »

You have to install Mint to use that function.
MuzikJay

Post by MuzikJay »

Thank you much! =)
Daveleh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Daveleh »

markcynt wrote:You have to install Mint to use that function.
Strange, cos I was able to download and install software using the package manager whilst using the Mint8 livecd. This was how I was able to test that gmusicbrowser with my usb speakers before I installed it.

Regards
Daveleh
Cornwall, UK

Go on - walk1000miles.co.uk

Mint 19.3 xfce fully updated on an Acer Aspire 5349 laptop with 4Gb memory and 750Gb HDD

Return to “Beginner Questions”