Need help setting upTrackpoint scrolling [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
richyrich

Re: Need help setting upTrackpoint scrolling

Post by richyrich »

I'm going to fire up my IBM A31p laptop at home tonight, and test both of 'em too. I'll post back . . richy
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Hi richyrich and cmb3366, sorry you've had difficulties getting this to work, I have added to the instructions to try and make it clearer. However it sounds like you have now got things to work. Make sure you have completely removed libgpds0 from the repo version as this conflicts with the new version and stops it from running.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
cmb3366

Post by cmb3366 »

remoulder wrote:Hi richyrich and cmb3366, sorry you've had difficulties getting this to work, I have added to the instructions to try and make it clearer. However it sounds like you have now got things to work. Make sure you have completely removed libgpds0 from the repo version as this conflicts with the new version and stops it from running.
I finally got the older version to work, so I'm scrolling with ease again, and I havent had to mess with anything between boots. More than likely, I botched something in my attempted installs of the modded version.

None the less, I got the functionality I desired, and learned a little more about Linux mint in the process. Thanks a ton to everybody involved, I appreciate the time and effort.

Return to “Beginner Questions”