Helena LXDE Ctrl-Alt-Backspace disabled

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mluffman

Helena LXDE Ctrl-Alt-Backspace disabled

Post by mluffman »

Hi, I have downloaded the new Helena LXDE distribution and am testing it on my laptop. Unfortunately, I have a video card that requires a modprobe. So, I do a Ctrl-Alt-F1, then enter "sudo modprobe sisfb", then Ctrl-Alt-F7 to get back to the gui. Now I want to restart the X-server, but Ctrl-Alt-Backspace does nothing. I've looked in the Preferences-Keyboard Layout settings, but don't see anything about enabling this key combination. Any way I can restart X to get normal display back?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Helena LXDE Ctrl-Alt-Backspace disabled

Post by remoulder »

Please do post support questions about the LXDE RC1 here, this has not yet been released. All questions about this should be posted to the bug thread http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=44064
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
mluffman

Post by mluffman »

Well, ok, but:

1) I cannot post to that forum, only reply to existing issues.
2) The question is valid for *any* Live CD, both official or release candidates.

Not to be rude, but perhaps some forethought might have been in order. . . .
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

mluffman wrote:I cannot post to that forum, only reply to existing issues.
No that is not the case, the Postreply button means reply to the 'thread' NOT the last post, and the thread is to report ANY bugs for RC1.
mluffman wrote:The question is valid for *any* Live CD, both official or release candidates.
Again this is not true, released versions of mint do have Ctrl+Alt+Bkspc enabled even though this is disabled in current ubuntu releases.

Please follow the forum rules.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
mluffman

Post by mluffman »

Thank you for the clarification.

Return to “Beginner Questions”