Theming it up.. a personal issue :P

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FullDream

Theming it up.. a personal issue :P

Post by FullDream »

I wanted to test it out, downloading the RedMond Theme, and the W2K one, just to test the "feel" of the good old time..
But I find a problem.
If I set the redmond one, it says: It will not work properly because the gtk 2: Redmond isn't installed.. I was.. :shock:
Did I do something wrong?
I tried to delete and reinstall the theme, but it still says it.. help.. just to teach me something new :P
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Theming it up.. a personal issue :P

Post by remoulder »

What did you download and from where, and how did you install it?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Open Package Manager and type in the search box gtk2-engines. This package will install several of the most often used Gtk2 theme engines including Redmond95.
FullDream

Post by FullDream »

I have it already the gtk2-engine and plus now I tried to install metacity-themes
@remoulder: Downloaded from http://art.gnome.org/themes/ and installed by the theme manager.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Fulldream, the page you gave doesn't contain full desktop themes, only the constituent parts, window controls, icons and borders. I think you have probably only installed one of these. If you click on the Customize button and browse the lists of controls, icons and borders, do you see the themes you installed from art.gnome? Maybe try http://www.gnome-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=100 as these are full themes.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Beginner Questions”