Mint 8 and Aspire One

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
seat183

Mint 8 and Aspire One

Post by seat183 »

Hey guys, glad to be here, I have the AA1 with Linpus Lite on. I hate it. I have a 4gb USB drive.

I have no idea though, what I have to do to put Mint on my laptop.

Thanks. Joey
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cress

Re: Mint 8 and Aspire One

Post by Cress »

Download linux. burn the iso as data to a CD, Then boot up your laptop, Get into your bios, set cd drive as first boot device, reboot (having the linux cd in your cd drive) Then let it load up, It will bring you to a linux mint desktop, with an icon called "install linux mint" or something of the like, run it and it will take you through setup, Hopefully you're not trying to set up a dual boot as, If you're running xp you probably set it to take up the whole drive like I did and when you try to shrink the partition size for xp it throws a pissy fit. once done it will take your computer down for a reboot, ask you to remove the disk, and eject the tray, remove it and press enter, and enjoy your new OS.
seat183

Post by seat183 »

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. I do not have a CD drive, would I need to buy an external one? No way of installing via USB?
Cress

Post by Cress »

Well, I'm not sure if that link he gave you is for turning your usb into a bootable drive, But yes it is possible via usb, I don't remember off the top of my head what the link was to what I had used to use, But if I come across it on the net I'll link you to it. But note, That since it's going to be off of your usb, That you'll need to change first boot device to Removable Drive rather then CD-Drive.

Return to “Beginner Questions”