A Few Problems, If Someone Could Help I Would Be Must Gratef

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
IneedMintyHelp

A Few Problems, If Someone Could Help I Would Be Must Gratef

Post by IneedMintyHelp »

After Installing Ubuntu On My HP Laptop, I'm Having A Few Problems

[1] The Sound Does Not Work Through The Speakers, Only Works If I Plug Headphones in.
[NEED FIXED]

[2] The Wireless Light On My Laptop Flickers When I'm Connected To The Internet? Does Anyone
Know How to make it a stay on the solid ON colour [Being Blue, orange when off]

[3] Is There Anyway to mount a samsung Mobile g3410, Like a Usb Drive etc, to make it show up on the desktop.

If anyone Could help me Fix These Problems I would Be Very Grateful And Would Consider A permanent Switch To The Linux community.

Thanks You.

Ineedhelps.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: A Few Problems, If Someone Could Help I Would Be Must Gr

Post by proxima_centauri »

Why come to the Linux Mint forums? I see you've made the exact same post on the Ubuntu forums as well...anyways.

What kind of laptop do you have?
IneedMintyHelp wrote:[1] The Sound Does Not Work Through The Speakers, Only Works If I Plug Headphones in.
[NEED FIXED]
Please open a terminal and type, inxi -A
Post the results
IneedMintyHelp wrote:[2] The Wireless Light On My Laptop Flickers When I'm Connected To The Internet? Does Anyone
Know How to make it a stay on the solid ON colour [Being Blue, orange when off]
Please open a terminal and type, inxi -N
Post the results
IneedMintyHelp

Post by IneedMintyHelp »

My Laptop Is A : hp g61-110sa

mint@mint ~ $ inxi -A
Audio: Card Intel 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller driver HDA Intel
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.20
mint@mint ~ $ inxi -N
Network: Card-1 Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) driver ath9k
Card-2 Realtek RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller driver r8169

Any Suggestions Would Be Very Very Helpful.
Jay514

Post by Jay514 »

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux, Linux Mint.
You can find a lot of info if you type your issue into the search box here & or ubuntu forums, Ex= dv7-1245 sound problems.
Sometimes you have to patch the ALSA sound controller in order to get everything in working order. To find these patches, & or mods just search as described & find another user whom has the same hardware listed as yours & read the steps that they done in order to resolve the issue.
You can also look at the HOW To here, it is an older post but comprehensive = viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32293

As for problem 2 you may have to install the Brodcom STA driver = go to menu, click system, click hardware drivers & see what it offers for your system.

I hope this helps you,
Jay514 :mrgreen:
IneedMintyHelp

Post by IneedMintyHelp »

Jay514 wrote:Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux, Linux Mint.
You can find a lot of info if you type your issue into the search box here & or ubuntu forums, Ex= dv7-1245 sound problems.
Sometimes you have to patch the ALSA sound controller in order to get everything in working order. To find these patches, & or mods just search as described & find another user whom has the same hardware listed as yours & read the steps that they done in order to resolve the issue.
You can also look at the HOW To here, it is an older post but comprehensive = viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32293

As for problem 2 you may have to install the Brodcom STA driver = go to menu, click system, click hardware drivers & see what it offers for your system.

I hope this helps you,
Jay514 :mrgreen:
Sorry I'm Tottaly New To This And I'm Not Exactly Sure What i'm looking for, Could U point me in the right direction? I'm a serious Linux Noob, I want to bin Windows and move to linux
Jay514

Post by Jay514 »

Please look here & follow the instructions =http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32293
Jay514 :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “Beginner Questions”