mmcg wrote:I'm looking to browse the source code for Envy and the Restricted Package Manager, and would like some assistance...
apt-get source restricted-manager
mmcg wrote:Thanks tseliot! The Envy link is very useful.
I'm not looking to write anything similar. I'm trying to figure out what to download to install Nvidia drivers on another machine that has no internet connection. I figure the information is in these scripts...
(My previous thread...)
More specifically, I'm planning to:
* use my work pc to download Nvidia driver packages from the Nvidia site on to my USB drive
* download Envy source (python!) on to the stick too
* transfer both to my isolated computer
* hack Envy to look for the Nvidia driver packages on my computer rather than grab them from the web
* run my modded version of Envy to install Nvidia drivers
* enable 3D desktop effects
* bask in 3D mintLinux goodness!
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], phd21 and 40 guests