Mint 8 XFCE problem with movies screen size!

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
guido8

Mint 8 XFCE problem with movies screen size!

Post by guido8 »

Hello!

I do have an bm thinkpad t60 t2400 1.833 gh with 2g ram.

so far only the mint 7 xfce aloe me to watch movies properly when I do use the full size scree option.

this morning I tried to install mint 8 xfce (by the way I did try to install other mint 8 version as well) and with my surprice I found out to watch a movie using the full size screen I had to set the screen from 2400 to 600, not coold, it's not so clera as in high definition.

so I am trying to understand how come with the version 7 my lap is working and it's not working with the 8?

I would like to point out I have used only the 32 bit because i cannot use the 64.

any help would be very welcome.

thanks in advance!

Guido

gmezzalana@hotmail.com
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Mint 8 XFCE problem with movies screen size!

Post by richyrich »

There may not be anything you can do ! :( Not until Mint 9 at least . . . Since your Mint 7 experience, ATI has dropped/discontinued support for your graphics card. They have since released driver code to the Open Source community, but we will have to wait until the developers make them available . . hopefully all will be well with the open source ATI drivers in Mint 9 . . .

richy

Return to “Beginner Questions”