SATA RAID 5 install problem/question [FORGET IT]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
betelgeux

SATA RAID 5 install problem/question [FORGET IT]

Post by betelgeux »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jay514

Re: SATA RAID 5 install problem/question

Post by Jay514 »

Welcome To Linux Mint
Just some thoughts,
If it is Hardware Raid, as I think you describe, it will or should need a driver. I have exp @ this in Win :D , but not HWRAID @ Linux :( . I would think that would be the most likely cause, You may try the other approach, as you said, but it seems unnecessary that the boot would have to be elsewhere.
You may find some more info if you search the forums HERE = http://ubuntuforums.org/
You may have to specify your brand of RAID HW in the search box. Ex = Hotpoint RAID set up or configure
Hope this gives you some leads, Have a Good Day.
betelgeux

Re: SATA RAID 5 install problem/question

Post by betelgeux »

Jay514 wrote:Welcome To Linux Mint
Just some thoughts,
If it is Hardware Raid, as I think you describe, it will or should need a driver. I have exp @ this in Win :D , but not HWRAID @ Linux :( . I would think that would be the most likely cause, You may try the other approach, as you said, but it seems unnecessary that the boot would have to be elsewhere.
You may find some more info if you search the forums HERE = http://ubuntuforums.org/
You may have to specify your brand of RAID HW in the search box. Ex = Hotpoint RAID set up or configure
Hope this gives you some leads, Have a Good Day.

It's not a proper hardware RAID. I've been to the ubuntuforums.org help and while MOSTLY correct for my setup there seems to be a missing step. Thanks anyway.

Return to “Beginner Questions”