Clipboard in Mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cheemag

Clipboard in Mint

Post by Cheemag »

Next question:

The Mint (and indeed Linux) clipboard is deficient compared to the Windows one.

If I mark and copy from a document in one Mint programme, kill that programme, then the copied data is no longer available to be pasted into another application !

Klipper overcomes this problem, but has to be run from the command line, which puts it in the panel. However, it doesn't stick. How can it be made to stick or perhaps be made to run at boot?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Clipboard in Mint

Post by proxima_centauri »

You could add klipper to Startup Applications in the menu.
Cheemag

Re: Clipboard in Mint (SOLVED)

Post by Cheemag »

proxima_centauri wrote:You could add klipper to Startup Applications in the menu.
I wasn't aware of that facility until you mentioned it. Many thanks. It works!
eMINT

Post by eMINT »

it doent works to me in mint 9 Gnome... thats cause Klipper is for KDE?? another solutions for this issue?
thx
eMINT

Post by eMINT »

Gclipper works fine, but, is there a way to run it in background?? i mean wothout having the panel?

Return to “Beginner Questions”