loading time

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
riot41solution

loading time

Post by riot41solution »

still kind of a nube everything that loads makes a triangle shape out of the screen the movies online i stream are getting choppy because of it. how can i make that stop. its on everything.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mick55

Re: loading time

Post by mick55 »

riot41solution

Post by riot41solution »

okay thanks for the effort but that doesnt say anything about how to get the load style to change. i already read the user guide. its everywhere. everything that loads.
beefstu

Post by beefstu »

Mick meant that we need more info to help you. That link isn't supposed to be a solution, its a guide on how to get the best chance of help, just jump through the hoops!

Also, as its probably a graphics thing, the output of

Code: Select all

inxi -G
might be useful as well and possibly even a screenshot of what is happening.
riot41solution

Post by riot41solution »

ah well it looks like the effect of the application switcher but its everywhere. its on my menus when i scroll and its online. its on loading pages and its when i come back from sleep mode. its just odd. either way i appreciate you guys.
riot41solution

Post by riot41solution »

here are my specs

CPU[-Single core Intel Atom N270 (UP) clocked at 800.000 Mhz-] Kernel[-2.6.31-14-generic i686-] Up[-5 min-] Mem[-264.3/994.3MB-] HDD[-80.0GB(5.8% used)-] Procs[-163-] Client[-Shell-] inxi[-1.2.6-]
mick55

Post by mick55 »

You have provided no information relevant to your issue.

Open a terminal and run this command and copy/paste the output here.

Code: Select all

inxi -F
Telling us your specs is irrelevant. All that matters is what the system sees.
That is why we require you to run specific commands.

You have a video/graphics problem, and we don't even know what your video card is. :wink:

thank you
mick
riot41solution

Post by riot41solution »

oem@RIOT-laptop ~ $ inxi -f
CPU: Single core Intel Atom N270 (UP) cache 512 KB
Clock Speeds: (1) 800.00 MHz (2) 800.00 MHz
CPU Flags fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx
fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2
ssse3 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm
riot41solution

Post by riot41solution »

okay i turned on wobbly windows effect. i dont know why it was doing this before hand. but now its not wobbling but its not doing the triangle thing anymore. odd. any ideas?
mick55

Post by mick55 »

riot41solution wrote:oem@RIOT-laptop ~ $ inxi -f
Sigh...

You gotta work with us here.

This is Linux not Windows.

Linux is case sensitive.

"inxi -f" is not "inxi -F".

I put it in a "code" box so you could copy/paste and get it right.

Please provide the information requested so we can assist you.

In the meantime turn off desktop effects and see if that helps.

Thanks
mick

Return to “Beginner Questions”