Processor frequency

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Processor frequency

Postby Quirrel on Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:11 am

Why can't I change my processor frequency?

I could do it in SuSE 10.2 but it's stuck on full blast in Mint and my laptop is hot.

It tells me it's not available but I know fine well that I have used it in SuSE so it is.

What am I missing? I am fairly happy with Mint other than this.

BTW the networking problem is still there but it's something else. My windows box can't connect to MSN messenger for at least five minutes after starting up then is suddenly does.

IT lads say there is no problem - oh well.
Quirrel
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby nick on Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:10 am

nick
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Quirrel on Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:16 pm

Tried all that still doesn't work.

I will have to have a look at KUbuntu and see if it's working in that ( I never noticed) and Mint Gnome - never noticed again.

See if I can track down what I am missing from there.
Quirrel
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Quirrel on Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:23 am

Mint (Gnome) it works fine

The new KDE release doesn't install properly either due to that crash in the partition thing.

I ain't installing a broken operating system on my machine so off with KDE Mint on either on with Mint or back to SuSE
Quirrel
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions