Screen Resolution collapsed in Live CD

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
2cen

Screen Resolution collapsed in Live CD

Post by 2cen »

I was checking out Linux Mint Helena bit 64 with the intention of installing it. I tried to change the screen resolution from the default 1200 x to the 1074 x 7??. Instead, the images on my screen collapsed and the smaller figures were unreadable. I made the mistake and tried to click what I thought was the return to default when I should have done nothing at all. I finally just shut it down and rebotted to Windoz. Everything was fine.

Was that my graphics card or was that a bug? :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Re: Screen Resolution collapsed in Live CD

Post by DataMan »

It depends upon the graphic card you have installed. The LiveCD uses a default graphics capability. In a lot of cases (mine included), you need to install a 3rd party video driver post-installation. In Mint, this is very easy to do.

Reply back with the video card that you're using and someone should be able to chime in on it's level of support
OR
install Mint and let the fun begin :D

-DataMan
Phaedrus

Re: Screen Resolution collapsed in Live CD

Post by Phaedrus »

Yep agreed with DataMan - Graphical glitches found running the live cd are usually sorted after a proper install.

Return to “Beginner Questions”