SOLVED - How to enable single click

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oldtraveler

SOLVED - How to enable single click

Post by oldtraveler »

I wish to enable single click operation. How can I do this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: How to enable single click

Post by Aging Technogeek »

In Gnome, go to Menu=>Preferences=>Assistive Technologies=>Mouse Accessability. The first entry is "Simulated Secondary Click". I think this will do what you want.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

You can also set single-click behaviour in Nautilus (filemanager) preferences. With the file manager open, go to Edit -> Preferences, Behaviour tab - check Single click to open items.
oldtraveler

Post by oldtraveler »

Sorry. I am unable to locate nautilus.
or
In Gnome, go to Menu=>Preferences=>Assistive Technologies=>Mouse Accessability. The first entry is "Simulated Secondary Click". I think this will do what you want.
This does not allow me to single click.
DrMartinus

Post by DrMartinus »

oldtraveler wrote:Sorry. I am unable to locate nautilus.
Nautilus is the file manager and should be installed by default, if you use Gnome. Click on your home folder link on the desktop, and then check under Help/Info what it says about the file manager that has been opened.

Setting the mouse click behaviour in Nautilus also changes it on the desktop.
oldtraveler

Post by oldtraveler »

Thank you. That fixed it.

Return to “Beginner Questions”