Safe to install

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Carterclan

Safe to install

Post by Carterclan »

OK so I've been running Mint from a DVD for a couple of days now. I've had no issues concerning hardware drivers everything just works. Can I assume that this will this remain the case once I have installed and deleted Windows from my hard drive. Sorry if it's another of those stupid questions but I like to know what to expect :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Safe to install

Post by Aging Technogeek »

If you have been running from a usb drive for a few days the odds are very good that you will have a clean working installation.

There is a small chance that there may be a glitch in the installer or the install could go sour for other reasons, but you take that chance any time you install any OS from media, be it Mint, Windows, Ubuntu, or any other you care to name.

At least with Mint, you know you will not have any major hardware incompatibilities.

So go ahead and install it and have fun in the Linux Universe and the Mint world.
Carterclan

Re: Safe to install

Post by Carterclan »

Aging Technogeek wrote:
So go ahead and install it and have fun in the Linux Universe and the Mint world.

Thanks I intend to. Even after only using mint from a DVD I'm very impressed and I can't help but wonder why I have been wasting my time on Windows all these years :wink:

Return to “Beginner Questions”