How to Remaster Mint 7 KDE

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
uselinuxos

How to Remaster Mint 7 KDE

Post by uselinuxos »

I would like to remaster Mint 7 KDE but can't find Remastersys in the repositories. I downloaded a .deb file from Sourceforge based on what I found in another post but can't get it installed either via Synaptic or the terminal. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: How to Remaster Mint 7 KDE

Post by Aging Technogeek »

To install a .deb file. just right click on the package and select "Open with Gdebi Package Installer".

The installer will check for required dependencies and install them if they are in the repositories or tell you what you need to find. If all dependencies are satisfied, it will install the package to the proper location.

Other than entering your password when asked, the process is automatic and needs no input from the user.

This package may or may not put an entry in your sources list for the Remastersys repository. If it does not, Remastersys will not be updated through Update Manager. Did you try the source in this How-to?

Following the procedure listed will put Remastersys into Package Manager so your Updates will be automatic.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

Aging Technogeek wrote:To install a .deb file. just right click on the package and select "Open with Gdebi Package Installer".

The installer will check for required dependencies and install them if they are in the repositories or tell you what you need to find. If all dependencies are satisfied, it will install the package to the proper location.

Other than entering your password when asked, the process is automatic and needs no input from the user.

This package may or may not put an entry in your sources list for the Remastersys repository. If it does not, Remastersys will not be updated through Update Manager. Did you try the source in this How-to?

Following the procedure listed will put Remastersys into Package Manager so your Updates will be automatic.
That howto will no longer work as the Remastersys developer has removed his website/repository due to some problems... you can only get the packages from Sourceforge now :cry:

See the Ubuntu Forums thread --> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... emastersys
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

carl,

Thanks for the update. I had not been aware of that.
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

Carl wrote:That howto will no longer work as the Remastersys developer has removed his website/repository due to some problems... you can only get the packages from Sourceforge now :cry:
Thanks for the heads up.

I'll edit the guide so people know.

Return to “Beginner Questions”