Emerald Themes

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Emerald Themes

Postby heartcall on Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:20 am

Greets... I'm a new user of Linux Mint and have found it to be wonderful!

Anyway... I was looking through some of the Themes and I discovered some of the AMAZING Emerald Themes!

I would LOVE to add one of those on my my pc! How does that work?

I've saved a theme... and then tried to install it and I get an error, so... any help, ideas would be so appreciated.

Thanks and it is nice to meet you all!
heartcall
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Lolo Uila on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:57 pm

Emerald is the theme manager for Beryl and Compiz. You need to activate one of those to use Emerald. You can run Beryl from the Cassandra menu, or open a terminal and type beryl-manager.

After that a red gem should appear in your system notification area and right-clicking on that will bring up the menu. From there you can just go and play. There is some VERY cool stuff to be discovered. :)

Note that Beryl and Compiz do take a fair amount of computing and graphics power to do their thing, so if you are running older/slower hardware it could impact your system's performance.

Aloha, Tim
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Adler on Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:54 pm

heartcall,

You can get additional Beryl / Emerald themes @ http://www.gnome-look.org.

Look down the left hand side, then look for Beryl.

Adler
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions