help needed projector issue

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DarkAoshi

help needed projector issue

Post by DarkAoshi »

hey emm i have a compaq presario V3000 Nvidia Go 6150 i can't get my notebook to work with separate X screen properly for presentations MD student really need to get this working, when pluged in CRT and clic on Fn-F4 just twin view, i need to get it working for presenter view in open office so please help me !!! Thaks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ArcherSeven

Re: help needed projector issue

Post by ArcherSeven »

Can you be more specific as to what isn't working? Multi-x-screen setups are considered more complicated, widely. (I have a three-monitor setup on three x screens for my primary system, though.)

One thing I can say is you'll need nvidia's xserver configuration utility, you'll need to start it as root (sudo nvidia-settings OR gksu nvidia-settings), and if you have different resolutions per monitor you may need to disable Gnome's xrandr support, which can be done in the "apps" portion of gconf (edited using the command gconf-editor)

Command = type it in terminal since I didn't specify that elsewhere.
DarkAoshi

Post by DarkAoshi »

i mean when i plug the projector to the laptop i try to make it separate screen so i can have the presenter notes on my laptop and the slideshow on the projector the thing is that when i get to the nvidia setting and put them to be separate the screen on my laptop gets black and yes the resolution is different mine is 1280x800 and the projector 1024x768 :( thats all i can say got it working once but then it just wouldn't work anymore don't know why, i have mint 8 installed XD, and emm when i get to display some error shows and makes me open nvidia-settings but i just can't make it work like plug the Projector and work at once don't know why :(
ArcherSeven

Post by ArcherSeven »

I think that's a result of GNOME, but with that information it's really hard to tell. Disabling xrandr under Apps in gconf-editor (which is Configuration Editor in the menu for me, but I'm not on Mint) is what I'd try first. Reboot after you do so.

Return to “Beginner Questions”