Raid Array Errors

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
g6pws

Raid Array Errors

Post by g6pws »

Hi, I have a Buffalo Terastation Which has died. Techs from Buffalo have advised me to build a linux system and software mount a raid card and the drives, then i can read my data from the partitions.
I have loaded this system with Mint and have purchased a raid card and connected all 4 drives. can see in partition manager the drives and subsequent partitions, now what? it is a XFS file system but it tells me the drives are not mounted and the format is unknown??
any help would be appreciated.
drives are 4 x 1TB Western Digital which as i say can see in windows disk manager all 4 partitions and now in linux but cant or dont know what to do next. i have 10 years work on the drives which i am trying not to loose

thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RedWagon

Re: Raid Array Errors

Post by RedWagon »

i have 10 years work on the drives which i am trying not to loose
If it's that important I'd hire a professional.
Techs from Buffalo have advised me to build a linux system and software mount a raid card and the drives, then i can read my data from the partitions.
Software raid doesn't require a raid card. There are multiple types of raid types, multiple types of software raid, and even more types of hardware raid. Without more information you only risk messing up your data. I would hire a professional.

Return to “Beginner Questions”