Can't "see" my windows folders - same patition (solved)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mptpro

Can't "see" my windows folders - same patition (solved)

Post by mptpro »

I installed Mint9 on the same partition as windows7. No problem booting in either one. However, once inside of Mint, I cannot navigate to any folders in Win7.

How is this possible?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Can't "see" my windows folders - same patition

Post by altair4 »

mptpro wrote:I installed Mint9 on the same partition as windows7. No problem booting in either one. However, once inside of Mint, I cannot navigate to any folders in Win7.

How is this possible?
The only way you could install mint "on the same partition as windows7" is if you used mint4win or wubi or whatever it's called.
If this is correct then you should find your Win7 files at /host.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
mptpro

Post by mptpro »

Ok, I'll try it.

FYI, I installed Mint9 from the CD rom while logged into Win7, and the option says it''s NOT a seperate partition. In fact, Mint is listed in my "Installed Programs" in Win7. and it it located here: C:\linuxmint
Fred

Post by Fred »

mptpro,

I was under the impression that you could no longer install it like that due to issues with Grub2. Does your install boot and work?

Fred
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

fred,

That bug was fixed in Ubuntu 10.04 so Wubi works in Ubuntu and mint4win works in Mint 9.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Aging Technogeek,

Thanks, I stand corrected. :-)

Fred
mptpro

Post by mptpro »

Fred,

"host" was the correct location! Thank you.

Yes, the install seems to work fine!

Return to “Beginner Questions”