All Gurus once were Newbies
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help
I got installed the NVIDIA card and was wondering how does one activate the cube desktop background related to Beryl. Can't figure it out.
Thnx in advance,
- Level 1
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:06 am
DC: I'll make some assumptions:
1) You have beryl started (Cassandra -> system tools -> beryl Manager.
2) you have right clicked the diamond in the sys-tray and selected the window manager to be beryl.
3) opened the beryl settings manager and have the manger panel open. And you select Desktop.
From the desktop panel you can select Desktop Cube, Rotate Cube, etc.
4) Now for the big assumption you want to have a background picture behind the rotating cube? For that you select the Skydome tab on the Desktop Cube panel and then type or browse to the path to the the image you want to use in the space provided.
If I have missed with all the assumptions post back with more information.
- Level 6
- Posts: 1080
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:24 am
- Location: USA
I suppose you have Cassandra - if you have Bianca Beryl is not installed by default.
Start Beryl manager so you have the little red "gem" in the panel and right click and then select Beryl (or Compiz) as window manager.
Then press ctr + alt and use the arrow keys to move the cube
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
- Level 23
- Posts: 19635
- Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:22 am
- Location: Near Borås Sweden
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], davi1td, Fragezeichen, GanymedeZ, JWK1, WharfRat and 25 guests