Cassandra installation problems

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Cassandra installation problems

Postby TeatroAbsurdoAshes on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:08 pm

All the best to everyone...as a newly registered in the group i want to ask a question about my fresh download and its installation. I downloaded the Cassandra and did try to install...without any success: I cannot pass the login screen because...how can I know the user and the password? When finally i did broke in; I found two former owner in the distro...little bit strange...and my PC get down immediately. I did a few more try but not even close...please let me know, how this can happen and why? It is a perfectly designed Linuux OS and I do love it..but and but again..the download was unclear...
Wish you all the best for the future! Without password! :twisted: :twisted:
TeatroAbsurdoAshes
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby Boo on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:46 pm

there is no login screen for the live CD.
if this happens there is a problem with your CD.
there is a trouble shooting doc in the wiki:
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... ur_Live_CD

BTW which Mint edition are you using?

:D
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Boo
Level 8
Level 8

Password

Postby TeatroAbsurdoAshes on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:35 am

I did the download from the Linux mint.de and the Cassandra RAR variation.
I already using the Cassandra on my two other IBM ThinkPad- R40- without any problem. I moved one of the distro on the VMWare 5.5 and works fine. I did this download today and believe me, the "sign in" display came in and did ask me to my password and user name. When I "skinned" to the "more option" two other user name "jumped up" and I did give up the "process...I still think the LinuxMint is one of the best- if not the top- distro and maybe I just got some strange old distro...so thank you for your quick reply and wish you all the best...and now; back to Cassandra!!!
Bela Rado
Director
TeatroAbsurdoAshes
California
TeatroAbsurdoAshes
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions