(SOLVED) Volume Icon

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bry

(SOLVED) Volume Icon

Post by Bry »

I accidently deleted the Volume icon off the panel, be blowed if I can find how to get it back. For now I have the Sound icon on until someone can tell me how to restore the Volume icon, please!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pluraldave

Re: Volume Icon

Post by pluraldave »

Something odd has been done (upstream) with the volume control for this release. Originally I thought you could add it back with the command "gnome-volume-control-applet" but then I realised this is the old control. You can also do an add to panel>indicator applet which has a volume control that looks like the new one but then it's not in the notification area...
Bry

Re: Volume Icon

Post by Bry »

Once again, thank you PluralDave, The indicator applet does what I was looking for but I failed to realise its function.

(I guess I do not yet qualify to upgrade myself from "Newbie" status....(lol)

Return to “Beginner Questions”